The City Reform Group is not a political party. We aim to support and work with any candidate who signs up to this list of Pledges which will govern their behaviour in office – ideally we would like to see every candidate sign up to these seven Pledges.
- We will promote commerce within the City on the basis of its ability to serve its customers.
- We will allocate resources in order to promote fiduciary standards and responsible business practice.
- We will not be afraid to speak out when we encounter practice that falls below the highest standards.
- We will recognise our responsibility to the common good.
- We will administer the Corporation democratically, efficiently and accountably.
- We will be open and transparent in all our dealings
- As elected officials, each year we will publicly report on how we have met these pledges.